ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance Plan
ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan mainly offers coverage for damages caused by accidental injuries. It provides a lump-sum benefit for accidental death, total disability, and partial disability to nominees. The plan aims at protecting a policyholder’s family with various benefits. Moreover, it allows a policyholder to enhance the coverage with some add-ons for accidental hospitalization and daily hospital cash allowance.
The entry age is a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 80 years. Moreover, the plan offers a wide range of sum insured options from Rs.3 lakhs to Rs. 25 lakhs, and policyholders can choose the right one which exactly suits their requirements.
Eligibility criteria for ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan
|Minimum entry age||18 years|
|Maximum entry age||80 years|
|Sum assured options||Rs.3 lakhs, Rs.5 lakhs, Rs.10 lakhs, Rs.15 lakhs, Rs. 20 lakhs, and Rs. 25 lakhs|
|Policy term||1 year, 2 years, or 5 years|
|Premium payment||Monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and yearly|
Key highlights of ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan
- The policy offers coverage for multiple types of accidents such as road, rail, natural calamities, war, terrorism, and so on
- No need for customers to undergo medical tests when they want to buy a policy
- Lifetime renewability
- Floater coverage option for a family to include parents, children, spouses, and dependents under one policy
- Easy claim process with minimal documentation
- Worldwide coverage for policyholders no matter where they are
- Optional coverage against accidental hospital daily allowance and accidental hospitalization expenses
- The policy offers a special daily allowance for each day of hospitalization due to an accident and a maximum of 30 days
- Accidental hospitalization expenses reimbursement benefit for policyholders to cover medical expenses that have incurred towards hospitalization to treat an injury
- Online purchase with discounts that will save money
- Multiple insured options for policyholders to choose them based on their choices
- The policy has a grace period of 30 days when a policyholder forgets to renew a policy on time
- Premium refund options for policyholders subject to conditions
Inclusions in ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan
- Accidental death benefit: The policy offers a lump sum amount to a policyholder’s family when he/she dies due to an accident
- Permanent disability coverage: Individuals can get compensation against the permanent loss of limbs, and loss of sight of both eyes
- Accidental hospitalization expenses: The policy reimburses medical expenses during hospitalization that arises due to an injury within 7 days from the accident
- Accidental hospital daily cash allowance: The policy offers a special daily allowance for each day of hospitalization to policyholders for up to a maximum of 30 days in a year which arises out of an injury within 7 days from the date of the accident
- Terrorism and out of Terrorism: The plan offers coverage for any claim that arises out of terrorism or acts of terrorism within a policy period
Exclusions in ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan
- The policy doesn’t cover any expenses towards a hospitalization claim when a policyholder is not admitted to a hospital within 7 days of an accident
- Expenses that arise from any cause which is not an injury
- Dental treatment, eye treatment, and plastic surgery unless they occur as a consequence of injury
- Intentional self-injury, attempted suicide, or suicide
- Treatments under the influence of drug and alcohol
- Treatments for mental illness, nervous disorders, and emotional disorders
- Injuries caused due to childbirth or pregnancy
- Expenses when a policyholder is indulging in criminal or illegal acts
- The plan doesn’t cover any tax benefits to a policyholder
- Accidents caused due to adventurous activities such as mounting, skiing, and travelling in aircraft which don’t have any standard passenger license
Why should one buy an ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan?
Unfortunately, expenses may happen in a person’s life and he/she should prepare for them to overcome them effectively. Accidents may lead to death, permanent disability, and partial disability that will result in various problems. Therefore, it is necessary to get protection from them with a health insurance plan that will help them get coverage for injuries. ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan offers coverage for death and other issues allowing a policyholder to manage high medical costs.
What is the duration of this policy?
The duration of this policy is 1 year, 2 years, and 5 years.
Is it possible to cancel the policy?
A policyholder can cancel the policy by giving 15 days’ notice in writing to the company and it will refund the amounts for unpaid premiums subject to conditions.
Does the policy cover tax benefits to policyholders?
No. The policy doesn’t cover any tax benefits to customers when they buy a policy.
Where to buy the policy at the best prices?
One can buy the policy online at the best prices that will help save more money.
What are the features of the ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan?
ICICI Lombard’s Personal Protect Health Insurance plan offers a lump sum benefit to nominees when a policyholder dies in an accident. Furthermore, it even offers coverage for total disability and partial disability.
Does the plan offer a family floater option?
The plan offers family floater options for policyholders when they want to include spouse and others.
What is the eligibility to join ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan?
The minimum age limit to join the plan is 18 years and the maximum age is 80 years.
Does the policy offer any add-ons?
The policy offers add-ons such as accident hospitalization and daily hospital cash allowance enabling policyholders too.
What are the documents required to file a claim?
Documents needed to file a claim include FIR, copy of policy document, death certificate, disability certificate, medical report, hospital discharge summary, all medical bills, duly filled claim form, post mortem report (if applicable), certified copies, etc.
What is the grace period of the ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Health Insurance plan?
The policy offers a grace period of 30 days when a policyholder fails to renew his/her plan.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits