ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is counted among the leading private sector general insurance companies in the country. A joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited and Canada-based Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited offers insurance products for health, travel, car, bike, home, student travel, and more.
The leading insurer is known for its customer-focussed approach and innovative products to cater to all kinds of insurance needs of people. As of March 31, 2020, the company has issued more than 26.2 million policies and settled over 1.86 million claims.
Moreover, ICICI Lombard has been assigned an iAAA rating by ICRA, indicating that the company has the highest claims-paying ability.
Facts about ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio||69.90% (FY 2019-20)|
Why opt for ICICI Lombard General Insurance?
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance boasts of a vast network of hospitals, having tie-ups with over 9300 hospitals across the country where you can enjoy cashless claims and reimbursement claims for medical expenses.
- The leading insurer features an impressive Claim Settlement Ratio of 78.76% for the financial year 2019-2020, making it one of the preferred insurance partners among the customers.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance company claims to settle claims within 4 hours, offering a hassle-free claim settlement solution for all.
- It also provides a wellness program to avail of various services such as medical concierge services, free health check-ups, HRA (tool to evaluate your health status and quality of life), and Disease Management services (DMS).
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans
ICICI Lombard General Insurance offers a range of health insurance plans catering to different requirements of people at different stages of life. Below is the list:
- ICICI Health Shield
- ICICI Health Shield +
- ICICI Health Elite
- ICICI Health Elite +
ICICI Lombard Claim Settlement Process
ICICI Lombard Cashless Claim settlement process
ICICI Lombard General Insurance is known to offer a quick claim settlement process. Here are the steps.
- Step 1: Inform the insurer after reaching a network hospital of ICICI Lombard General Insurance and seek admission. You can either call the insurer or email them. In case of planned hospitalization, one needs to intimate the insurance provider at least 1 or 2 days in advance and within 24 hours in case of unplanned hospitalization.
- Step 2: Show the health card and valid ID proof at the hospital to verify the patient’s credentials.
- Step 3: Fill the pre-authorization form, which you can download from ICICI Lombard General Insurance’s official website, and fax it to the insurer.
- Step 4: The insurer then analyzes the claim form and documents and takes a suitable decision. One can check the claim status on the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance by navigating to the health insurance section.
- Step 5: After analyzing, the claim will be accepted, rejected, or queried. If accepted, the insurer will settle all the medical expenses as per the terms and conditions of the policy. However, one needs to pay for the expenses not covered in the policy.
ICICI Lombard Health Reimbursement Claim process
Below are the steps to avail reimbursement claim under ICICI Lombard Health Insurance:
- Step 1: One needs to get hospitalized in any hospital and inform ICICI Lombard General Insurance after getting admitted.
- Step 2: Pay the bills after the treatment gets over. Retain the bills and documents related to the hospitalization.
- Step 3: To process the claim, submit the bills and documents to the insurer.
- Step 4: ICICI Lombard will analyze the submitted documents and, after analyzing, will process the claim and reimbursed the amount of the incurred medical expenses as per the policy terms and conditions.
Documents required for ICICI Lombard Health Claim Reimbursement Process
The documents required for the ICICI Lombard health insurance reimbursement claim settlement process includes:
- Duly filled claim form.
- All the original hospital bills and summary.
- Original discharge report and investigation reports (x-ray, blood tests, scans, etc.)
- All medicine bills.
- Future line of treatment and follow-up check-ups by the relevant doctor.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Renewal Process
Below are the steps listed to renew ICICI Lombard health insurance plans:
- Step 1: Visit ICICI Lombard General Insurance official website and navigate to the health insurance policy renewal page.
- Step 2: Enter details like Email ID and mobile number.
- Step 3: Click on the ‘Renew Now’ tab.
- Step 4: Check the policy details and premium payable on renewal.
- Step 5: Make the premium payment using any payment modes available (credit card, debit card, net banking, UPI, etc.)
After the payment, the policy gets renewed successfully. One can download the receipt or take out the printout of the policy from the official website of ICICI Lombard General Insurance.
What are the documents required to buy ICICI Lombard General Insurance Plans?
The documents required to purchase ICICI Lombard general insurance plans depend on the chosen plan. However, the usual documents include the duly filled application form, recent passport size photo, age proof, identity proof, and address proof.
What is meant by lifelong renewability?
Lifelong renewability is a facility wherein the policyholder can enjoy lifelong protection without any restrictions or age bar. This feature helps the policyholder to meet sudden expenses while staying covered for their entire lifetime.
How soon should ICICI Lombard Health Insurance be informed about the hospitalization?
In case of planned hospitalization, ICICI Lombard Health Insurance should be informed at least 1 or 2 days in advance. Whereas in case of emergency hospitalization, the insurer must be informed within 24 hours of hospitalization.
What is the process to cancel the ICICI Lombard policy?
ICICI Lombard policy can be canceled during the free-look period for which one needs to fill up the form and visit any of its branches. Once the request is processed, the premium amount is refunded after applicable deductions (if any) within 15 days.
Does ICICI Lombard health insurance cover maternity?
Under family floater ICICI Lombard Policy, an add-on maternity cover is available. However, the cover is available after 36 months of continuous coverage since the beginning of the policy. The benefit covers the insured and his or her spouse, provided both are covered under the same family floater policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits