ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care is a critical illness benefit policy, carefully designed to cater to all emergency expenses. This policy offers coverage for the most unanticipated eventualities and has two versions – A Basic plan and an Enhanced plan. The Basic plan covers 15 critical illnesses and Enhanced 30 critical illnesses. In addition, the policy gives a lump-sum payout amount on the diagnosis of any critical illnesses covered under the policy anywhere in the world during the policy period.
Moreover, the policy comes with several attractive features and benefits, providing comprehensive protection against critical illnesses. Such as the insured can take a second opinion from its network of medical practitioners if he or she gets diagnosed with the covered critical illness within the policy period. The policy also gives an option to choose from various payout options and is available on an individual or family basis.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
|Minimum entry age||18 years|
|Maximum entry age||65 years|
|Sum assured options||Rs 1 lakh to Rs 25 crore|
|Premium payment mode||Single, Yearly, Half-yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly|
Key highlights of ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
- The policy offers a wide range of sum insured options from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 3 crore to suit the insured’s requirements.
- There are two plan options within the policy covering 20 different critical illnesses.
- The sum insured is given to the policyholder on the first diagnosis of any of the 30 critical illnesses. In case of staggered claim payment, an additional 10% of the sum insured is available.
- The insured can take protection up to 10 times of their annual income.
- The policy offers a 10% discount for covering more than 2 family members under the same policy.
- A Grace Period of 30 days is available in case of single and yearly premium policies.
- The policy is eligible for tax benefit under Section 80D of Income Tax Act, India 1961.
- It offers a free look period of 15 days, within which the insured can cancel the policy with a full refund (subject to no claims).
- Pre-Policy Medical Check-Up is required based on age, plan, Sum Insured, and medical history.
- The policy comes with two claim payout options – lump sum payout and staggering payout.
- The plan provides customized health and wellness programs wherein it comprises programs like Health Risk Assessment, Lifestyle Management, Nutrition, and Access to Health Articles.
Inclusions in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
- The policy includes two plan options – Basic and Enhanced covering 30 major critical illnesses (details are given below).
- It covers self, spouse, parents, children, parents-in-law, grandchildren (all dependent).
Critical Illnesses covered under two plan options of ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
Covers 15 Critical Illnesses
|ENHANCED PLAN: In addition to Critical Illnesses under Basic Plan it also covers|
|01 Cancer of Specified Severity||16 Coronary Artery Disease|
|02 Myocardial Infarction (First Heart Attack – of||17 Aplastic Anaemia|
|Specific Severity)||18 End-Stage Lung Failure|
|03 Open Chest CABG||19 End-Stage Liver Failure|
|04 Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart Valves||20 Third Degree Burns|
|05 Coma of Specified Severity||21 Fulminant Hepatitis|
|06 Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis||22 Alzheimer’s Disease|
|07 Stroke Resulting in Permanent Symptoms||23 Bacterial Meningitis|
|08 Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant||24 Benign Brain Tumor|
|09 Permanent Paralysis of Limbs||25 Apallic Syndrome|
|10 Motor Neuron Disease with Permanent Symptoms||26 Parkinson’s Disease|
|11 Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms||27 Medullary Cystic Disease|
|12 Primary (Idiopathic) Pulmonary Hypertension||28 Muscular Dystrophy|
|13 Aorta Graft Surgery||29 Loss of Speech|
|14 Deafness||30 Systemic Lupus Erythematosus|
|15 Loss of Sight|
Exclusions in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care
Expenses are not covered related to any illnesses or injuries caused due to
- Any illness other than specified critical illnesses
- Any pre-existing diseases
- HIV/AIDS and its complications
- Foreign Invasion
- Suicide or drug abuse
What is the process to cancel the ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care policy?
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care policy can be canceled at any time during the policy tenure. To do the same, one needs to give a 15-day notice in writing for cancellation. Premium will be refunded as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
Does ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care policy offer family discounts?
Yes, the policy offers family discounts of 10% if more than 2 family members are added under the same policy.
Is pre-policy medical check-up required to buy ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan?
Yes, the pre-medical test is required based on your age to buy the ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan. The medical tests can be taken at ManipalCigna's network of diagnostic centers. The insurance company bears all the costs of all the tests.
Is it possible to port the existing health insurance policy from another insurer to the Manipal Cigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan?
Yes, it is possible to post any other health insurance policy to ManipalCigna's Lifestyle Protection Critical Care plan.
What are the key advantages of ManipalCigna's critical illness policy?
The key benefits of ManipalCigna critical illness policy includes flexible payout option, no sub-limits, customized online wellness programs, availability of medical second opinion, and flexibility to opt from a wide range of sum insured options.
What are the documents required to file a claim under the critical illness plan?
To file a claim under ManipalCigna critical illness insurance plans, one needs to submit the following documents:
Valid ID Proof of Policyholder
Original hospital bills and discharge forms signed by the doctor
Original invoices from the pharmacy
Doctor's recommended letter for hospitalization
Doctor's prescription for consultation, medicines, and medical tests
Original reports of diagnostic tests, radiology reports, and bill payment receipts
First Information Report (FIR), if it is a police case
Post Mortem Report, if applicable
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits