ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance policy is designed by IRDAI to address people’s primary health care needs. It is a standard health insurance policy providing much-required financial backup during medical emergencies. This policy is available on individual and family floater bases and takes care of the hospitalization requirements that arise due to illness and injury.
The policy covers modern treatments and procedures listed in the policy document and in-patient hospitalization charges for medical treatment of illnesses and injuries. It also offers coverage for Coronavirus or similar diseases as well as pre & post-hospitalization, cataract treatment, and daycare treatment cover. It does not have a zone-based premium which means the policy offers the same premium across the country.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
|Minimum entry age||Child: 3 months, Adult: 18 years|
|Maximum entry age||Child: 25 years (family floater policy), Adult: 65 years|
|Sum assured options||Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 lakh|
|Policy term||1 year|
Key highlights of ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy offers all India health coverage at an affordable price.
- It offers a choice for multiple sum insured.
- This comprehensive policy includes coverage for modern treatments and procedures along with Allopathic and AYUSH treatments.
- The policyholder can avail cashless treatment at over 6500 network hospitals.
- Tax benefits are applicable according to the prevailing norms of the Income Tax Act.
- The insurer will increase the sum insured for each claim-free policy year, provided the policy is renewed without any break, subject to a maximum of 50% of the sum insured.
- ManipalCigna offers a 15% family discount for covering 2 or more family members under a single individual policy.
- Pre-existing diseases are covered after 48 months of continuous coverage.
- A grace period of 30 days for a yearly premium payment mode and a Grace Period of 15 days for the rest of the modes of payment is given to the policyholders for making the premium payments.
- Also, a Free-look Period of 15 days from the date of the policy’s receipt is given to the policyholders to review the policy and return the policy if not acceptable.
Inclusions in ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- Inpatient Hospitalization: ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy covers in-patient hospitalization expenses which includes room charges, ICU expenses, nursing charges, doctor fees, surgeon fees, blood, oxygen, operation theatre charges, and other medical expenses.
- Pre and post-hospitalization cover: This comprehensive health insurance policy offers coverage for pre and post-hospitalization expenses for the medical expenses incurred before the hospitalization and after getting discharged from the hospital.
- AYUSH cover: Medical expenses incurred towards a non-allopathic treatment or AYUSH treatment like Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha & Homeopathy for hospitalization arising due to accident or illness and undertaken in a government Hospital or government recognized hospital up to the limit of sum insured is covered under this policy.
- Day Care Treatment: Medical expenses incurred for daycare treatment that requires less than 24 hours of hospitalization are covered under this policy.
- Other Expenses: This policy also covers medical expenses for treatment or surgery like dental treatment, plastic surgery necessitated due to illness, injury.
- Modern Treatments: Any technologically advanced treatment or surgery listed in policy terms and conditions are covered under the policy.
- Ambulance Cover: This plan reimburses expenses for ambulance services towards transportation to the hospital for treatment. It provides Rs 2000 per hospitalization.
Exclusions in ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
Expenses are not covered related to any illnesses or injuries caused due to
- Breach of law
- Contamination from nuclear fuel or radiation
- Suicide or drug abuse
- Foreign invasion or civil war
Why should I opt for the Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy?
With the rising medical costs due to the increasing health conditions amongst people in India, having a health insurance policy is necessary, which also helps in smart financial planning. Hence. To have a comprehensive health insurance policy at an affordable price range, you should opt for the Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy. Moreover, this policy gives the option to choose from multiple sum insured from Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 Lakhs along with several other features and benefits, making it a must-have inclusion in your financial planning.
What are the key benefits offered under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
The key benefits available under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy:
Pre-hospitalization and Post hospitalization
AYUSH Cover (in-patient only)
Is the floater option available under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
Yes, the floater option is available under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, wherein the policyholder can include up to 2 adults and 3 children.
What are the minimum and maximum entry ages in Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
The minimum entry age for adults is 18 years and for children is 3 months (91 days), whereas the maximum entry age for adults is 65 years and for children, it is 25 years (children should be financially dependent).
Which relationships do the Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy cover?
Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy covers self, legally wedded spouse, parents, parents-in-law, dependent children.
Is there any room rent capping under the Arogya Sanjeevani health insurance policy?
ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani covers hospital accommodation expenses within the limit of 2% subject to a maximum of Rs. 5,000/- per day for room rent and Intensive Care Unit charges with a limit of 5% subject to a maximum of Rs. 10,000/- per day.
Are maternity expenses covered under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy?
No, maternity and related expenses are not covered under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy except for ectopic pregnancy.
Does Arogya Sanjeevani Policy cover daycare treatments?
Yes, all daycare treatments are covered under Arogya Sanjeevani Policy.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits