Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA General Insurance commences its operations in the year 2008 and offers various health insurance plans catering to different requirements of its customers. With its presence across the country, Bharti AXA General Insurance is one of the leading insurers in the health insurance sector. The company has issued over 9.8 million policies which include health insurance policies. Moreover, the insurance provider has won several accolades for its quality services and products and is known to offer comprehensive health insurance cover at affordable premiums.
Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- Smart Health Assure Health Insurance Plan: This health insurance plan by Bharti AXA is a comprehensive plan backed by several benefits and features. It covers people between the age group of 91 days to 65 years and offers a lifetime renewability option. The plan also comes with various sum insured options ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 4 lakh. The other benefits the plan offers include in-patient treatment cover, daycare treatment cover, organ donor expenses, domiciliary hospitalization, AYUSH treatment, and restoration of the sum insured. In addition, the policy also offers extra benefits like maternity cover, hospital cash allowance, newborn baby cover, and critical illness benefits.
- Smart Super Health Insurance Plan: This plan is available on an individual and family floater basis. The minimum entry age for this policy is 91 days, and the maximum entry age is up to 65 years. The Smart Super Health Insurance plan comes in three variants – Smart Health Basic Plan, Smart Health Premium Plan, and Smart Health Optimum and offers sum insured options ranging from Rs 50,000 to Rs 5 lakh. The policy provides several benefits such as in-patient treatment, critical illness treatment, daycare procedures, organ transplantation, hospital cash allowance, amongst others.
- Bharti AXA Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Plan: The Bharti AXA Arogya Sanjeevani Plan is also available on an individual and family floater basis. It covers relationships like spouse, parents, parents-in-law, and dependent children between the age group of 91 days and 65 years. This plan comes with lifelong renewability options and varied sum insured options from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 3.5 lakh with 1 year policy period. It covers in-patient expenses, AYUSH treatment, cataract treatment, amongst others.
Benefits of Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans offer No Claim Bonus wherein the insurance provider Bharti AXA offers No Claim Bonus or Cumulative Bonus of 50% if no claim is made in a policy year by the policyholder.
- The policyholders can only port their policy from one insurer to another and change their plan during policy renewal without losing any policy benefits.
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans comes with a lifetime renewability option allowing the policyholders to lifelong renew their health insurance plan.
- Bharti AXA covers the medical check-up costs at the end of every four continuous years, provided no claims are made during the four years. It is limited to 1% of the average sum insured.
- There is 100% restoration available of the sum insured for all members of the policy for a particular policy year if the sum insured and no claim bonus gets exhausted. This benefit will only be allowed once in a policy year and shall be available for any new or fresh illness or injury.
Inclusions of Bharti AXA Health Insurance plans
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses: Expenses incurred before (60 days) and after (90 days) hospitalization are covered under the policy. Under this, at least 24 hours hospitalization is required.
- In-patient hospitalization expenses: Bharti AXA health insurance plans cover medical expenses incurred for hospitalization in any network hospital for at least 24 hours. The cover includes the cost of room or boarding, medicines, medical test, doctor’s fees, nursing expenses, etc.
- Day Care Procedures: The health insurance plans by Bharti AXA cover treatment or surgery expenses undertaken in a hospital/daycare center in less than 24 hours for the specified list of diseases. It offers coverage for 130-day care procedures.
- Domiciliary hospitalization: Bharti AXA provides coverage for medical treatment for an injury or an illness treated at home if the insured is not in a position to be moved to a hospital or if the room is not available in a hospital.
- Emergency Ambulance Charges: The insurer covers emergency ambulance charges incurred while transferring the insured to a hospital or between hospitals by emergency ambulance to treat illness or injury in a hospital as an in-patient treatment.
Exclusions of Bharti AXAz Health Insurance Plans
- Treatment expenses incurred for injuries or illnesses sustained due to war or act of war, civil war, riots, invasion, an act of a foreign enemy, etc., are not covered under the policy.
- The policy does not cover expenses incurred for the treatment of injuries or illnesses due to self-inflicted actions such as suicide or attempt to suicide.
- The expenses incurred for vitamins and tonics are not covered under the policy unless these are part of a treatment prescribed on the prescription by the doctor.
- Bharti AXA health insurance plans do not offer any coverage for aesthetic treatment, cosmetic surgery, or plastic surgery unless required due to an accident.
- Any preventive care vaccinations comprising inoculation or immunization unless required for post animal bite treatment are not included under the policy.
The exclusions may vary from one plan to another health insurance plan under Bharti AXA, and policy buyers should know them in detail.
Are medical tests required to buy Bharti AXA health insurance plans?
No, medical tests are not required to buy Bharti AXA health insurance plans until you are up to 45 years old.
Does Bharti AXA issue a policy for more than one year?
Bharti AXA offers a duration of 1 year for insurance policies, and you can get them renewed subsequently.
Are parents covered under Bharti AXA Health insurance policy?
The health insurance policies by Bharti AXA covers self, spouse, and two children (dependent) under the age of 21 years.
Does Bharti AXA health insurance plans cover critical illnesses?
Yes, Bharti AXA health insurance plans provide coverage for critical illnesses.
How many critical illnesses does Bharti AXA health insurance plans cover?
Bharti AXA health insurance plans cover up to 20 critical illnesses.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits