Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
Universal Sompo is a leading insurer in the general insurance category, offering customers a wide range of general insurance products. The company has over 7,700 branches across the country and a strong online presence, making it easier for the customers to buy their policies. The health insurance plans offered by Universal Sompo cater to different requirements of individuals and include indemnity health plans, family floater plans, fixed-benefit plans, etc.
7 Best Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Complete Healthcare Insurance: This health insurance policy covers the insured and his or her family against the medical expenses incurred towards hospitalization, out-patient treatment, and various value-added services. The policy has three variants- Basic, Essential, and Privilege. It is available on an individual or floater basis with sum insured options ranging between Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 10 lakhs. This policy offers several coverage benefits, including pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, organ donor expenses, dental treatment, etc.
- Super Healthcare Insurance: Super Healthcare Insurance Policy by Universal Sompo boosts the existing health insurance plan and covers against the medical expenses worldwide. The policy comes with two options – top-up and super top-up, which further have different variants. The policy offers different sum insured options ranging between Rs 2 lakh and Rs 1 crore with policy tenure for 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance: Universal Sompo Arogya Sanjeevani Policy covers the insured and insured’s family against basic medical expenses incurred due to an illness, disease, sickness, or an accident. It is an affordable policy and offers sum insured options ranging between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 5 lakhs. The policy covers pre-and post-hospitalization expenses, in-patient hospitalization expenses, daycare treatments, AYUSH treatments, and modern treatments.
- Corona Kavach Policy: It is a standard health insurance plan, helping people to get COVID-19 treatment without any hassle. The coverage is available with a waiting period of 15 days from the starting date of the policy. The plan offers sum insured options starting from Rs. 50,000 and goes up to Rs. 5 Lakh, in multiples of 50,000.
- Hospital Cash Insurance Policy: Hospital Cash Insurance Policy provides cash allowance to the insured and his or her family in the event of hospitalization. It includes three sections – hospital confinement benefit, intensive care benefit, and convalescence benefit to cover all kinds of medical expenses.
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance Policy: As the name suggests, this policy is specifically designed to support senior citizens. It covers hospitalization expenses and critical illnesses arising after 90 days from the policy issuance date. Any senior citizen aged more than 60 years can purchase this policy for himself/herself and his/her spouse. However, before buying the policy, the applicant must undertake certain medical tests to be eligible for policy consideration.
- Critical Illness Insurance Policy: It is a fixed benefit health insurance plan that covers critical illnesses specified in the policy documents. In case the insured suffers from any of the covered critical illnesses during the policy term, the sum insured is paid in one lump sum.
Benefits of Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans offer a wide range of sum insured starting from as low as Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 1 crore to provide maximum coverage benefits to the policyholders.
- Universal Sompo Health insurance plans come in different variants to match the different requirements of the customers. The plan variants differ in terms of features, coverage benefits, sum insured amount, amongst others.
- The Health Insurance plans by Universal Sompo are available with a portability benefit, which means a policyholder can switch to Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans during renewal if they are not satisfied with their existing insurer or health insurance policy while continuing with the accumulated benefits under the previous policy.
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans offer lifetime renewability benefits. This means that the policyholders can avail the health insurance plan’s benefits throughout their lifetime provided that the policy is renewed on time.
Inclusions in Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: Medical expenses incurred towards hospitalization due to any illness, injury, sickness, and disease are covered under Universal Sompo health insurance plans. These expenses might be related to room rent, boarding, ICU/ICCU, nursing, operation theatre, diagnostic and surgical procedures, anesthesia, blood, oxygen, medicines, and drugs.
- Pre-Hospitalisation and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans cover the medical expenses incurred before 30 days and after 60 days of hospitalization. These expenses include doctor’s fees, medicines, vaccination, and medical tests.
- Day Care Procedures: Universal Sompo health insurance plans cover daycare procedures requiring less than 24 hours of hospitalization. These surgeries or medical procedures include dialysis, surgery, chemotherapy, etc.
- AYUSH Treatment: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans cover the expenses related to AYUSH systems of medicines which include Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani, Yoga, and Siddha, and Homeopathy.
- Road Ambulance Cover: The expenses incurred on transporting the insured to a network or non-network are covered under Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans as road ambulance cover.
Exclusions in Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Addictions and Substance Abuse: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans do not cover any expense incurred due to addictions and substance abuse, including smoking, drugs, alcohol, or tobacco intake.
- Injuries caused due to any act of self-harm: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans do not cover any act of self-harm caused intentionally, such as an attempt of suicide.
- Injuries due to participation in adventure sports: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans do not cover any injuries related to any sports activity that is adventurous in nature, such as rock climbing, paragliding, etc.
- Any injury due to war: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans do not cover any injury or illness due to acts of war such as revolution, insurrection, invasion, or nuclear power damage.
- Treatment for AIDS: Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans do not cover any expense incurred directly or indirectly due to AIDS.
The above-mentioned inclusions and exclusion might vary from plan to plan under Universal Sompo Health Insurance plans, and the policy buyers should know them in detail.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits