TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
TATA AIG General Insurance Company is a joint venture between TATA Group and American International Group (AIG). Established in 2001, TATA AIG offers a wide range of general insurance products, including health insurance, auto insurance, travel insurance, etc. The company has marked its presence in over 200 locations in India and comprises more than 22,000 licensed agents and 390 licensed brokers, ensuring that their insurance products easily reach every part of the country. TATA AIG health insurance plans are carefully designed to provide comprehensive coverage at affordable premiums. The different health insurance plans that the insurer offers are plans for individuals and families, group health insurance plans, fixed benefit plans, and indemnity health plans.
3 Best TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Medicare Health Insurance Plan: TATA AIG Medicare is a simple and comprehensive health insurance plan, providing coverage for medical expenses including in-patient, pre, and post-hospitalization, daycare hospitalization, amongst others. The plan also provides vaccination cover and compassionate travel cover so that an immediate family member can be alongside the insured during his or her stay in the hospital.
- TATA AIG Critical Illness Health Insurance Policy: This plan covers 11 critical illnesses, which include Cancer, Heart attack, Stroke, Coma Kidney failure, Organ transplant, Open chest CABG, Bone marrow transplant, Blindness, Major burns, Multiple Sclerosis, and Paralysis. Under this plan, the entire coverage amount is given in lump-sum and allows an increase in the coverage amount with its ‘Sum Insured Enhancement’ feature.
- TATA AIG Wellsurance Woman Health Insurance Plan: A women-centric health insurance plan takes care from a simple illness to a critical emergency. This health insurance policy offers in-hospital benefits for accidents, sickness, critical illness benefits, intensive care unit benefits, and convalescence benefits. The plan provides coverage for ambulance charges, ICU charges for 15 days, and cosmetic reconstruction surgery.
Benefits of TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG health insurance plans do not have a copay component, which means that the policyholders are relieved from this liability.
- TATA AIG health insurance plans come with sum insured restoration benefits wherein the sum insured gets restored in case it gets exhausted during the policy term.
- TATA AIG health insurance plans come with a lifelong renewability limit, which means that there is no limit as to maximum age at the time of renewal of the policy. Hence, the policy benefits can be availed lifelong provided the policy is renewed timely.
Inclusions in TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- In-Patient Hospitalisation Expenses: TATA AIG Health Insurance plans cover in-patient hospitalization expenses which require hospitalization for at least 24 hours. These medical expenses include room rent expenses, boarding costs, doctor’s fees, nursing expenses, medicines, etc.
- Pre-Hospitalisation and Post-Hospitalisation Expenses: TATA AIG Health Insurance policies covers expenses towards pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization incurred by the insured towards the illness or injury for which the hospitalization has been done.
- Home Care Treatment Benefit: TATA AIG Health Insurance plans cover expenses towards the treatment taken at home. It is applicable only if there is an unavailability of a bed in a hospital or if the patient is not in the condition to move to a hospital.
- Daycare Procedures: TATA AIG health insurance plans cover daycare treatments towards medical treatment and/or surgical procedures undertaken in general or local anesthesia in a hospital/daycare center in less than 24 hours.
- AYUSH Treatment: TATA AIG health insurance plans cover medical treatment taken under the AYUSH system of medicines such as Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy in a government hospital or any institute recognized by the Government and/or accredited by Quality Council of India or National Accreditation Board on Health.
Exclusions in TATA AIG Health Insurance plans
- Self-Inflicted Injury: TATA AIG Health Insurance plans do not cover treatment expenses towards any self-inflicted injury or illness that happened due to the act of self-destruction, such as an attempt to suicide.
- Abuse of Drug or Alcohol: Expenses towards treating illness or injury due to consumption, use, misuse, or abuse of tobacco, intoxicating drugs, and alcohol or hallucinogens are not covered.
- Vaccination Costs: The cost of all the preventive care vaccinations, including immunizations and inoculation, other than for post-bite treatment or if used as a part of the treatment, is not covered under TATA AIG health insurance plans.
- War-Like Conditions: There is no coverage for injuries or illnesses incurred arising due to war or any act of war, invasion, war-like operations, an act of a foreign enemy, civil war, riots, and so on.
- Mental Disorders: Expenses incurred towards the treatment of mental illness, stress, psychiatric or psychological disorders are not covered by the insurer.
- Treatment availed Outside India: Navi Health Insurance plans do not cover any expenses for the treatment availed outside the geographical boundaries of India.
The above-mentioned inclusions and exclusions vary with different health insurance plans offered by TATA AIG General Insurance Company, and the policyholders should know them before buying the policy.
What is the process to check TATA AIG Health Insurance policy?
Registered users can log in to the TATA AIG portal using their username and password and their policy status.
What is the process for TATA AIG Health Insurance policy?
Below are the steps to renew TATA AIG Health Insurance Policy:
Enter the Policy Number, Expiry Date, and Client ID into Renew Online Portal
Calculate the premium
Select the premium option and pay via UPI, Net Banking, or Credit or Debit Card.
Save/print the premium deposit receipt.
You can also pay via cash/cheque at any nearest branch.
How can I cancel the TATA AIG Health Insurance plan?
To cancel the TATA AIG health insurance policy, you need to submit your policy with the surrender form at the nearest branch. Upon successfully completing the documentation, the refund will be directly credited into your account, and the policy will stand canceled.
What is the Claim Settlement Ratio of TATA AIG Health Insurance?
The claim settlement ratio of the TATA AIG Health Insurance plan was 76.04% in the financial year 2019-20.
Is it possible to have more than two individual health insurance policies for myself?
Yes, you can buy more than one health insurance policy, but it must be declared to the health insurer.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits