Reliance General Insurance Company
Reliance General Insurance Company
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited is wholly owned by Reliance Capital and part of Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group. It is an Indian private insurance company, which was established in 2000. The insurer provides all kinds of insurance solutions across various domains, including health, motor, travel, home, fire, and marine.
With its vast network of offices across the country and intermediaries across the country, the leading insurer delivers innovative products and constantly provides excellent customer service. The Reliance General Health Insurance offers a wide range of health insurance products, including individual plans, family floater plans, group mediclaim health insurance policy, and critical illness plans, aiming to cater to various healthcare requirements of individuals. The primary objective of Reliance General Insurance company is to provide affordable insurance products easily accessible to everyone.
Facts about Reliance General Insurance Company
|Incurred Claim Ratio (F.Y. 2019-20)||89.36%|
|Branches||139 offices and 28,900+ intermediaries|
Why opt for Reliance General Health Insurance?
- Reliance General Health Insurance promises to deliver the health insurance policy to its customers within 10 seconds. This fast issuance policy service is one of the main reasons for satisfaction among its customers.
- Reliance General Health Insurance offers 24/7 claims assistance to its policyholders, which means that they can get help regarding claims at any time, whenever they need it.
- The insurance experts at the insurer are also available on video chat between 9:30 am to 6:30 pm from Monday to Saturday to help and assist their policyholders. This enhances the transparency between the customers and the insurer.
- The insurer has won several awards and recognition for its unparalleled services, such as KamiKaze Awards 2019, Digital Transformation Awards 2019, ET Edge Award 2019, ET Now BFSI Awards, and many more.
Reliance General Health Insurance Plans
Reliance General Insurance Company offers a range of health insurance plans, catering to the different requirements of its customers. Below is the list:
- Reliance Hospi Care Insurance Policy
- Reliance Health Super Top-up
- Reliance Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance Policy
- Reliance HealthGain Insurance Policy
- Reliance HealthWise Insurance Policy
- Reliance Health Infinity Insurance Policy
- Reliance Critical Illness Insurance Policy
Reliance General Health Insurance Claim Settlement Process
The health insurance claim can be processed in two ways under Reliance General Health Insurance – cashless claim and reimbursement claim.
Reliance General Health Insurance Cashless Claim Settlement Process
Here are the steps to raise a cashless health insurance claim with Reliance General Insurance:
- Step 1: Inform Reliance General Insurance about the hospitalization at least 48 hours prior to the admission, in case of planned hospitalization, and within 24 hours of admission, in case of emergency hospitalization.
- Step 2: Show Reliance Health card at the insurance helpdesk of the network hospital along with Photo ID and the medical reports. Also, get the claim request form and submit the duly filled and signed form. The hospital authority will share all the relevant details and documents of the insurer with the insurer.
- Step 3: After receiving all the documents and information, the claim settlement team of the insurer will process the claim request or authorization. They will verify the claim request form, medical documents, and other information.
- Step 4: If the claim settlement team finds the submitted documents or details inappropriate, they might ask for more information. They can even reject the claim on the grounds of false and insufficient details. In such a case, the insured has to pay the bills and go for reimbursement.
- Step 5: In case the claim settlement team of the insurance provider finds all the submitted bills and documents valid, the insurer will settle the claim directly with the network hospital and pay for the admissible claim amount.
Reliance General Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
Below are the steps to raise a health insurance reimbursement claim with Reliance General Health Insurance:
- Step 1: Avail of the medical treatment at a non-network hospital and settle the hospital bills. Make sure to collect all the original medical documents, bills, forms, and invoices, reports, and certificates signed by the attending surgeons and physicians.
- Step 2: Submit the duly filled and signed claim request form along with the relevant documents to the Reliance General Health Insurance. As listed in the policy documents, the claim documents are required to be submitted by the policyholder to the insurer within 30 days from the date of discharge.
- Step 3: The Reliance General Health Insurance claim settlement team will verify the claim form and documents submitted. If they find the documents insufficient, they can ask for more details and documents or even reject the claim request.
- Step 4: On finding all details and documents valid, the claim settlement team will approve the claim request and reimburse the admissible amount after making relevant deductions for co-payments, sub-limits, etc.
Documents required for Reliance General Health Insurance Reimbursement Claim
- Original duly filled and signed claim form
- Doctor’s letter advising hospitalization
- Doctor’s prescription mentioning drugs, diagnostic tests, and consultation
- Original bills, receipts, and discharge summary from the hospital or doctor
- Original bills from pharmacies or chemists
- Original pathological or diagnostic test reports and payment receipts
- Ambulance receipt and bill
- First Information Report (FIR) or Policy Final Report, if applicable
- Post Mortem Report, if available
Reliance General Health Insurance Renewal Process
Reliance General Health Insurance Policy renewal process helps policyholders to keep the policy active and continue to avail its benefits. During renewal, the policyholder can modify or make changes in the policy, such as the sum insured enhancement, including the add-ons, and so on.
Here are the steps to renew a health insurance policy offered by Reliance General Health Insurance:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Reliance General Insurance
- Step 2: Enter the 16- or 18-digit policy number or enter 10 digits mobile number and click on the ‘Pay Renewal Premium’ button
- Step 3: Check the details of health insurance plans and premium amount for renewal
- Step 4: Pay for the premium amount of the health insurance policy online through the insurer’s secured payment gateway.
Reliance Health Insurance FAQs
Why Buy Reliance General's Health Insurance?
Choose Reliance General Health Insurance Plan for the following reasons:
• Acclaimed and Prestigious Insurer that has won various awards like ET Edge Award 2019, Digital Transformation Awards 2019, and KamiKaze Awards 2019 for its unparalleled services
• Offers Faster Claim Settlement
• 24/7 Claim Assistance
• Free Annual Health Check-Up Facilities
• Cumulative Bonus for Every Claim-Free Year
• Tax Benefits
What are the different types of Reliance health insurance plans?
Here is a list of different types of Reliance health insurance plans:
• Reliance Hospi Care Insurance Policy
• Reliance Health Super Top-up
• Reliance Arogya Sanjeevani Insurance Policy
• Reliance HealthGain Insurance Policy
• Reliance HealthWise Insurance Policy
• Reliance Health Infinity Insurance Policy
• Reliance Critical Illness Insurance Policy
How to choose the best Reliance Health Insurance Plan?
The following tips will help you choose the best Reliance Health Insurance Plan:
• Your Specific Requirements such as Critical Illness Cover, or Cancer Policy
• Higher Claim Settlement Ratio
• Maximum and Highest Coverage
• Low and Affordable Premiums
• Family Floater or Individual Basis
• Wider Network Hospital Chain
• Compare Quotes
What is the claim settlement ratio of Reliance General insurance?
The claim settlement ratio of Reliance General Insurance for FY 2019- 2020 was 89.36%.
How can I claim my Reliance health insurance?
• Claiming for Cashless Treatment: You must pre-inform the insurer at least 48 hours before hospitalization in case of planned hospitalization and within 24 hours of emergency hospitalization. Then, you must submit the duly filled claim request form at the insurance helpdesk of the network hospital along with your medical reports and photo ID. The Insurer will then verify your details and pass or reject the claim accordingly.
• Claiming for Reimbursement: To claim using a Reliance health insurance plan, one needs to submit the duly filled claim form to the Rcare for processing the reimbursement within 30 days of hospital discharge. The insurer will then verify your details and pass or reject the reimbursement claim accordingly.
How can I check Reliance Health Insurance policy status?
You can check the Reliance Health Insurance Policy Status online as well as offline in the following ways:
Online Policy Status Check:
1. Visit the official website of the insurer
2. Login and then click on ‘Customer’
3. Enter your policy number or client ID along with your date of birth on the page prompted
4. You can then check your policy status
Offline Policy Status Check:
1. Visit the nearest branch of Reliance Health Insurance Company
2. Call on the toll-free number 1800-3009
3. A customer care representative will ask for your policy number and other details to help you check the policy status
Is dental treatment covered in Reliance Health Insurance Plan?
Dental treatment is not covered under Reliance Health Insurance Plans, but the company does offer up to 15% discount on dental treatments in association with Fine Feather Dental Clinic and 100% free consultation.
What is Reliance Health Card?
Your Reliance Health Card is proof of your insurance policy. It acts as a quick reminder that you have health insurance. Feel free to use it when visiting a doctor, hospital, or healthcare provider to get the best health care. Your Reliance health card will include your personal information, name of your insurance plan, and benefits covered under it.
What is the cancellation process for Reliance Health Insurance Policy?
If you wish to cancel your Reliance Health Insurance Policy, you need to fill in a surrender form and submit it along with your policy documents at the nearest branch of the insurer. Besides, you can also email to the insurer to request policy cancellation. Once the policy is cancelled, your premium will be refunded to your bank account. Make sure to cancel the policy in the free-look period this will help save the cancellation fee.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Health Insurance Companies
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
- Care Health Insurance Company
- Go Digit General Insurance Company
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Company
- Star Health & Allied Insurance Company
- Bharti AXA General Insurance Company
- Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company
- IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Company
- National Insurance Company Limited
- Royal Sundaram General Insurance Company
- Reliance General Insurance Company
- Raheja QBE General Insurance Company
- Oriental Insurance Company
- New India Assurance Company
- TATA AIG General Insurance Company
- Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
- United India Insurance Company
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Company
- Navi General Insurance Company
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits