ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy provides financial support through the ups and downs of life. Life is uncertain, and accidents can come anytime, leaving you and your family in a difficult situation. In such a situation, ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care policy can take up the charge to protect yourself and your loved ones. This plan acts as a safety cushion for a better tomorrow.
ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care is available on an individual and floater basis. It fills the potential gap in the coverage of unexpected expenses arising from death or severe injury caused by accident, which might not be adequate by individual insurance plans such as life, disability, health, or workers’ compensation. Hence, this coverage provides complete protection against death, disability, loss of job, and financial protection.
Eligibility criteria for ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy
|Minimum entry age||5 years for children and 18 years for adults|
|Maximum entry age||25 years for children and 80 years for adults|
|Sum assured options||Rs 50,000 to Rs 10 crores|
|Policy term||1 year, 2 years, and 3 years|
|Premium payment mode||Single, Yearly, Half-yearly, Quarterly, and Monthly|
|Relationships covered||Self, spouse, dependent children, dependant
parents, dependant siblings, and parents-in-law
Key highlights of ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy
- Accidental Death: ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care will pay 100% of the Sum Insured in case of accidental death. However, if the death occurs while traveling as a fare-paying passenger on a common carrier, then the insurer will pay 200% of the Sum Insured.
- Permanent Total Disablement: 100% of the Sum Insured is given in case of permanent total disability due to an accident. If the permanent disability occurs while traveling as a fare-paying passenger on a common carrier, 200% of the Sum Insured will be paid.
- Permanent Partial Disablement: As per the nature of the disability, a fixed percentage of the Sum Insured up to 100% is paid.
- Orphan Benefit: In case of accidental death of the parents, an amount equal to the
- Sum Insured is paid towards the dependent child as an orphan benefit.
- Loss of Employment: In case of a permanent total or partial disablement due to an accident, a basic monthly income for 3 months which is based on your last salary slip or income tax return as applicable is paid under the policy.
- Funeral Expenses: A one-time payment of Rs 5000 for Sum Insured up to Rs 50 lacs, and Rs 10,000 for Sum Insured above 50 lacs towards funeral or cremation expenses is payable under this policy.
- Education Fund: In case of the insured’s absence or permanent disability, a one-time payment is made equal to 10% of the Sum Insured per surviving dependent child for a maximum of 2 children subject to a maximum limit of Rs 10 lakhs per policy.
- Temporary Total Disablement: A weekly benefit for 1% of Sum Insured (following an accident), subject to a maximum of Rs 25,000 per week up to 100 weeks, is offered.
- Burns Benefit: On suffering from accidental burns, the policy will pay the fixed percentage of Sum Insured ranging from 10% to 100% depending on the degree of burns.
- Broken Bones Benefit: A lump sum payment will be made as per policy terms in case of fractured bones due to an accident (excludes hairline fracture).
- Coma Benefit: The policy pays 25% of the Sum Insured as a lump sum if the insured moves into a comatose state due to an accident.
Inclusions in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care is available under 3 plan options – Basic cover, Enhanced cover, and Comprehensive cover.
- Emergency Ambulance Cover: Expenses incurred for an emergency ambulance are covered with a lump sum amount of a maximum of up to Rs 10,000.
Coverage details of 3 plan options under ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy
|PLAN A-BASIC COVER||PLAN A- ENHANCED COVER||PLAN C- COMPREHENSIVE COVER||Optional Covers to supplement coverage under Plan A, B, or C.|
|Accidental Death||Accidental Death||Accidental Death||Temporary Total Disablement|
|Emergency Ambulance Cover||Permanent Total Disablement||Permanent Total Disablement||Burns Benefit|
|Funeral Expenses||Education Fund||Permanent Partial Disablement||Broken Bones Benefit|
|Emergency Ambulance Cover||Education Fund||Coma Benefit|
|Funeral Expenses||Emergency Ambulance Cover|
|Loss of Employment|
Exclusions in ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy
Expenses are not covered related to any illnesses or injuries caused due to
- Any pre-existing condition or disability arising out of pre-existing diseases
- Suicide, intentional self-injury, acts of self-destruction
- Breach of law
- Hazardous activities
How can I cancel the ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy?
You can cancel ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Policy any time within the
policy period by placing a request to the insurer. Premium will be refunded on a short period basis.
Why should I opt for personal accident cover?
Personal accident cover acts as an important element in an insurance portfolio. Moreover, it provides financial support to the insured in case of any loss due to an accident. Not only major accidents, but the policy even covers minor ones like fractures. Overall, personal accident covers offer comprehensive protection to you and your family.
Does Accident Care policy cover natural death or death due to some illness/disease?
No, the Accident Care policy only covers death occurring due to accidents or accidental injuries.
How is Lifestyle Protection-Accident Care policy different from Personal Accident policies?
A standalone personal accident policy offers coverage for you and your family against accidental death, permanent disability, and loss of income. However, you remain unprotected for partial disability, orphan benefit, funeral expenses, ambulance cover, and many more risks in several instances.
ManipalCigna Lifestyle, Protection-Accident Care plan, includes all the above benefits along with other advantages such as broken bones, education fund, temporary total disability, burns benefit, and coma cover under one policy, ensuring wholesome financial support while providing a cushion for a better tomorrow in case of any accidental eventualities.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Buy Health Insurance Plans by Insurers
- Star Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Care Health Insurance
- HDFC Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Arogya Sanjeevani Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Critical Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Super Top Up Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Corona Rakshak Policy Health Insurance
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Accident Care Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Cash Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Select Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna Lifestyle Protection Group Insurance Policy
- ManipalCigna ProHealth Group Insurance Policy
- ICICI Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance
- Term Insurance vs Other Life-Saving Products
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits