IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
IFFCO Tokio is one of the renowned health insurance providers, offering financial protection against expensive healthcare costs. The insurer provides comprehensive health insurance plans which cover doctor’s fees, hospitalization expenses, medicines costs, and other relevant care procedures.
The health insurance plans by IFFCO Tokio are specifically designed to offer multiple benefits to the policyholders to give them comprehensive coverage against soaring medical expenses. The health plans ensure policyholders with the best possible medical treatment and procedures without worrying about the bills. Some of the best advantages that IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans offer are cashless facility, pre-hospitalization, and post-hospitalization cover, ambulance services cover, medical check-up, cumulative bonus, tax benefits, amongst others.
IFFCO Tokio offers a wide range of health insurance plans catering to people’s different requirements, including individual plans, family plans, critical illness plans, personal accident insurance plans, etc.
IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Personal Accident Insurance: This plan covers medical expenses incurred towards accidental death, temporary total disability, total and partial disability for life.
- IFFCO Tokio Critical Illnesses for Family: It offers a sum insured up to Rs 1 crore and covers all family members against critical illnesses and surgeries.
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Top Up: This policy is available on an individual plan or family floater basis and provides extensive coverage for medical expenses.
- IFFCO Tokio Swasthya Raksha Bima: This plan offers affordable health insurance across smaller cities/towns and provides coverage for ambulance charges.
- IFFCO Tokio Mosquito Bite Insurance: A (Mosquito) MOS-BITE Protector Policy covers the entire family against seven vector-borne diseases.
- IFFCO Tokio Arogya Sanjeevani Policy: It offers affordable coverage for the policyholders, their family, and in-laws, with only 5% co-pay on claims.
- IFFCO Tokio Corona Rakshak Policy: The Corona Rakshak Health Insurance Plan gives a lump sum payout if tested positive for COVID-19 requiring a minimum of 72-hour hospitalization.
- IFFCO Tokio Corona Kavach Policy: An indemnity-based health insurance plan for COVID-19 comprises individual and family coverage.
- IFFCO Tokio Hospital Daily Cash Policy: This policy gives a fixed amount for every 24-hour hospitalization due to accidental injury or illness.
Benefits of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio is among the trusted brands in the insurance sector as it is backed by Japan’s oldest insurance company Tokio Marine & Nichico Fire Insurance Company. With several years of experience, it has created a loyal customer base.
- The health insurance plans under IFFCO Tokio are designed keeping in mind the requirements of its customers, and there is a plan for each and every individual.
- IFFCO Tokio boasts of strong networks of hospitals to provide hassle-free cashless treatment to its customers when required.
- The leading insurer is one of the top partners for claim settlements and features an incurred claim settlement ratio of 102% for F.Y.2018-19.
- With more than 4200 hospitals in its network, IFFCO Tokio ensures cashless benefits to its customers at all authorized network hospitals.
- In the case of medical expenses incurred at non-network hospitals, the insurer reimburses the amount upon submitting bills and documents.
- IFFCO Tokio issues policy instantly by providing digitally signed policy documents, making the process quick and hassle-free.
- There is no involvement of the Third Party Administrators (TPAs), which means that the policyholders can directly get in touch with the insurance company regarding cashless claims without coordinating with the Third Party Administrators like brokers and agents.
Inclusions of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses: The health insurance plans under IFFCO Tokio covers medical costs incurred before and after hospitalization requiring at least 24 hours of hospitalization.
- Alternative Treatments: IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans cover expenses for alternative treatments like Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and more.
- Home Treatments: Medical expenses incurred due to hospitalization, treatments at home are covered under the IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans.
- Organ Donation expenses: Expenditures incurred towards organ donation are part of the coverage under health insurance plans from IFFCO Tokio.
- Add-on Riders: Riders are available along with the basic plan from IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance, which helps enhance the coverage of the health insurance plans. However, policyholders don’t need to opt for the riders; it depends on their requirements.
- Miscellaneous Expenses: IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans also cover ambulance charges, attendant allowance, etc.
Exclusions of IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance
- Pre-existing Medical Conditions: Pre-existing health conditions are not covered under IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans, i.e., if the policyholder had been suffering from any illnesses at the time of purchasing the policy, the medical expenses towards the same are not included. The pre-existing diseases are covered only after a waiting period of at least 2 to 4 years, based on the type of illness and risk involved.
- Cosmetic Surgery: Medical expenses incurred towards cosmetic surgeries to improve one’s appearance are not covered under IFFCO Tokio health insurance plans. However, in case cosmetic surgery is required due to some accident or injury, the health plan will cover it. Treatment expenses towards sex change, hormone replacement therapy is also excluded.
- Pregnancy and Pre and Post-natal Conditions: Pregnancy and other conditions like childbirth and abortion and related treatments are not covered under the health insurance policies from IFFCO Tokio. Even if the pregnancy is covered, then policyholders can avail themselves only after a specific waiting period.
- Dental, Hearing, and Vision: Medical expenses incurred towards the treatments related to teeth and vision are not covered by health insurance plans from IFFCO Tokio as they do not involve hospitalization. In case the treatments require hospitalization, then it will be covered by the insurance company.
- Self-inflicted Injuries: Medical treatment expenses required for treating self-inflicted injuries or attempted suicide are not covered under the health insurance plans.
The inclusions and exclusions may vary from one plan to another health insurance plan under IFFCO Tokio, and policy buyers should know them in detail.
Subscribe to the newsletter
Top Companies Offering Health Insurance
- Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Plans
- Care Health Insurance Plans
- Go Digit Health Insurance Plans
- HDFC ERGO Health Insurance Plans
- ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Plans
- ManipalCigna Health Insurance Plans
- Star Health Insurance Plans
- Bharti AXA Health Insurance Plans
- IFFCO Tokio Health Insurance Plans
- Cholamandalam Health Insurance Plans
- Oriental Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- United India Health Insurance Plans
- Navi Health Insurance Plans
- TATA AIG Health Insurance Plans
- Royal Sundaram Health Insurance Plans
- National Insurance Health Insurance Plans
- Max Bupa Health Insurance Plans
- Universal Sompo Health Insurance Plans
- Raheja QBE Health Insurance Plans
- New India Assurance Health Insurance Plans
- Aditya Birla Health Insurance Plans
- Reliance Health Insurance Plans
Latest Health Insurance Blogs
- Care Health Insurance Company
- What is Stem Cell Therapy Cost in India?
- What Is Radical Hysterectomy: Know Procedure, Side Effects & Cost In India
- How GST Will Impact On Your Health Insurance Premium
- Health Insurance For Young Adults in India
- What Is Restoration Benefit In Health Insurance?
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana Vs Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: (PMJAY vs PMMVY)
- How to File a Claim with Star Health Insurance
- PMJAY: How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Golden Card?
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY): Check Eligibility, Features and Benefits